Updated Restrictions for COVID 19
MEASURES APPLICABLE FROM FRIDAY JULY 03 AND UNTIL MONDAY, JULY 13
- The entire country (cantons on yellow and orange alert) will have night vehicle restrictions Monday through Sunday from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am, except for the cantons in the border area, which will maintain from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- The cantons and districts in orange alert are updated, as well as the regulations for businesses operating in those areas.
- The list of exceptions to the vehicle restriction stays in place. Such restrictions include: productive activities, work centers, transfer to and from hotels, among others.
- The mandatory use of masks is extended to assistants in supermarkets and stores of all country.
UPDATE TO ORANGE ALERT
The orange alert is updated throughout the country incorporating the following cantons:
VEHICLE RESTRICTION REGULATION (ALL THE COUNTRY, EXCEPT BORDER AREAS)
- The total nighttime vehicle restriction will be from Monday to Sunday from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am.
- From Monday to Friday from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, except for the list of exceptions, the following do not circulate:
- On Saturdays and Sundays the circulation is maintained from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, for transfer to establishments authorized by the Ministry of Health. Except list of exceptions, no
VEHICLE RESTRICTION IN BORDER AREAS
- The differentiated vehicle restriction is maintained in the border areas, from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am. It is applicable to the following counties and/or districts:
- La Cruz.
- Upala (in orange alert).
- Guatuso (in orange alert).
- Los Chiles (in orange alert).
- San Carlos: Aguas Zarcas, Curtis, Pital, Pocosol and Venice. In addition, the Sector Southeast of the Fortuna District of San Carlos (Tres Esquinas, Los Ángeles, Sonafluca, La Perla, San Isidro, El Tanque, San Jorge, Santa Cecilia); and La Vega and Bonanza in Florencia.
- Río Cuarto.
- Districts of the Gaspar and Curuña plains of the canton of Sarapiquí.
- Districts of Pacuarito and Reventazón of the canton of Siquirres.
- Pococí (in orange alert)
- Duacarí district of Guácimo canton.
- Corredores (in orange alert)
- Sabalito and Agua Buena Districts of the Coto Brus Canton
REGULATION FOR BUSINESSES LOCATED IN COUNTIES WITH ORANGE ALERT
- DURING THE WEEK: The commercial activity is permitted from 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, except those not authorized as places of worship, public parks, bars and events of massive concentration.
- DURING WEEKENDS: Commercial activity is only permitted to: supermarkets, pharmacies, medical centers or facilities, grocery stores, convenience stores, bakeries, butchers, greengrocers, home delivery, agricultural, veterinary and hygiene supplies, banks, funeral homes, hardware stores, locksmiths, vehicle, motorcycle, tire and machinery repair shops, and lubricants.
- In the case of supermarkets, convenience stores, grocery stores and mini-supermarkets, working on weekends, it is only permissible commercial activity for the sale of food, beverage, groceries, cleaning and hygiene supplies, and basic necessities.
- HOTELS: They can operate from Monday to Sunday with a capacity of 50%.
- NOT ENABLED: Unauthorized establishments on weekends (such as restaurants, beauty salons, shops, cinemas, theaters and museums), places of worship, public parks, bars, mass concentration events.
- FARMER MARKETS: Farmer markets can operate with strict protocols, and a differentiated strip for older adults from 5:00 am to 8:30 am.
REGULATION OF ESTABLISHMENTS IN CANTONS IN YELLOW ALERT (REST OF COUNTRY)
- FROM MONDAY TO SUNDAY: They continue in phase 3 of reopening from 5:00 am to 7:00 am pm, with authorization for the operation of places of worship of maximum 75 people, beaches from 5:00 am to 9:30 am, 50% hotels and restaurants, shops, museums, cinemas and theaters weekends.
- NOT ENABLED: The operation of public parks, bars is not enabled and mass concentration events.
RESTRICTION OF ACCESS TO NAVIGATION IN RIVERS.
- The restriction of access to navigation of the following rivers is maintained, from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am: Medium Cheese, Cold, Caribbean Canalization System North (Tortuguero Channels), Colorado, Sarapiquí and San Carlos.
- The mandatory use of masks is extended to supermarket and store clerks country-wide.
- They must maintain the basic operating plan and work from home measures.
- All public employees who are over 65 years old or have risk factors must be guarantee work from home measures.