Suspended: Reopening Measures Start on Saturday
Note: As announced this Friday, June 19, these measures will be suspended until further notice.
This Thursday the President of the Republic, Carlos Alvarado and the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas announced the new modifications in the third phase of reopening that will be carried out over the next three weeks as part of the measures for the gradual reactivation of the economy, maintaining as Priority is the protocols of the Ministry of Health to avoid further contagion due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Day restriction:
Monday to Friday: 5:00 am to 10:00 pm, except for the list of exceptions, they do not circulate:
- Monday: 1 and 2
- Tuesday: 3 and 4
- Wednesday: 5 and 6
- Thursday: 7 and 8
- Friday: 9 and 0
Saturday and Sunday: 5:00 am to 7:00 pm, only to move to establishments authorized by the Ministry of Health. Except for the list of exceptions, the following do not circulate:
- Saturday: 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8
- Sunday: 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9
The vehicle restriction exception to hotels authorized by the Ministry of Health remains, with the respective voucher or reservation.
- Night restriction
Monday through Friday from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. Full restriction, except list of exceptions.
- Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am. Full restriction, except list of exceptions.
Establishments with sanitary operating permits.
- The weekend operation of shops is enabled (with 50% capacity), cinemas, theaters and museums at 50% (prior purchase and separation of 1.8 meters).
- The operation of places of worship is authorized from Monday to Sunday with a maximum of 75 people and a distance of 1.8 meters, according to the approved protocols.
- Access to the beaches can be done from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 am to 9:30 am, using social bubbles.
- Closing of bars, mass gatherings and public shows, discotheques, casinos and random activities, National Theater and Mélico Salazar Theater, community shifts and fairs, as well as amusement parks and the like.
- Public institutions will continue to work with the basic operating plan, telework measures, cumulative hours and staggered hours.
Cantons with differentiated vehicle restriction and orange alert.
The differentiated vehicle restriction is maintained from Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am, in the following cantons:
- Guacimo, specifically the Duacarí district.
- The cross.
- The chiles.
- Fourth quarter.
- San Carlos, specifically the districts of La Fortuna, Venice, Aguas Zarcas, Cutris, Pital and Pocosol.
- Sarapiquí, specifically the districts of Llanuras del Gaspar and Curuña.
- Siquirres, specifically the Pacuarito and Reventazón districts.
- San Ramón, specifically the Peñas Blancas district
The districts Las Juntas (Abangares) and Cañas and Bebedero (Cañas) will no longer be subject to the differentiated vehicle restriction as of tomorrow, June 19. The day and night vehicle restrictions of the rest of the country will apply to said districts.
The districts of Pococí, Peñas Blancas (San Ramón), Los Chiles (Los Chiles), La Fortuna (San Carlos), Upala and Paquera (Puntarenas) remain on orange alert, with differentiated vehicle restrictions and special establishment regulations with sanitary permits. operating.
Health Department urges the population to respect sanitary measures within the framework of Father’s Day.
Taking into account the new openings this weekend, as well as the Father’s Day holiday, the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas emphasized the need to respect sanitary measures.
The Minister advised that if people would like to celebrate Father’s Day in family, to please respect the following measures:
- Keep 1.8 meters distance between people
- Pre-wash hands
- That the visit is quick and in a preferable place with natural ventilation
- Do not mix social bubbles, if there are several brothers or sisters make schedules for the brief visit of each bubble
- Wear a mask during the visit
“The openings require greater responsibility, they are given in those cantons that allow us to continue with the calendar, and suspended in those cantons with an orange alert. We strongly ask the population for a total commitment to self-care, caring for others and especially in the context of Father’s Day, caring for the people we love, that an expression of affection does not become a future lament, “concluded the minister. .