6th Version of the Guidelines for Condominiums
This an update of the general guidelines issued by the Department of Health for condominiums in response of the COVID 19 pandemic.
This is applicable to both commercial and residential condominiums.
This is the sixth version of the guidelines issued on May 12th, 2020. The following text is an extract from the document issued by the Department of Health. You can download the original version of the document here.
TECHNICAL CONTENT / TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
The following guidelines are intended for administrations and their staff, management boards, maintenance personnel, condominium owners, tenants, residents, users, merchants, suppliers and visitors of the condominium.
- Massive commercial or social events in common or private areas scheduled are suspended as long as the Administrative Measures decreed by the health alert before COVID-19 continue.
- It is not allowed to use the common recreational areas built as they are (club house, roof terraces, Jacuzzi, BBQ ranch, cinema rooms, massage room, event room, etc.).
- Gyms can operate at 25% of their user capacity, consult provisions in the specific guideline.
- It is recommended that, in common non-built recreational areas, such as green areas or sports fields, they can be used for contactless sports activities. For recreational purposes, if there are groups, it is recommended that they be residents of the same branch to reduce the possibility of contagion between branches, always keeping the recommended social distance and without allowing people with symptoms of the flu or cold to enter.
- Remember to follow the measures regarding “social bubble”, where coexistence is by people who cohabit together and not by visitors; whether they are family or friends.
- It is recommended in the case of swimming pools, the use of them by residents of the same subsidiary, where their uses will be described and regulated in the Protocols according to each particular case; which will be prepared by each particular Condominium and approved by the respective authority.
- Constructions and repairs: These works are allowed in subsidiaries and common areas, provided that the guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health regarding the necessary cleaning and hygiene measures are complied with.
- In case of non-compliance with the measures regarding its use, the Administration or Administrative Board are empowered to restrict the use or impose new measures aimed at protecting the health of people in the condominium.
5.1 The Administrative Board or the Administration, as indicated by the condominium regulations must:
5.1.1 Establish a communication channel with tenants, residents, users and condo owners in general, so that in the event that someone presents any symptom related to respiratory disease or has been close to a suspicious contact, coordinate with the corresponding health authorities and contact line 1322.
5.1.2 Inform by the different means of communication available (WhatsApp groups, bulletins, information boards, etc.) the guidelines and statements issued by the Ministry of Health, as well as the Specific guidelines that can be found at the email address of the Ministry of Health.
5.1.3 Communicate in a general way the services that will continue to be provided by the operating and maintenance personnel of the condominium. It is recommended that these people who continue to carry out their normal tasks apply the protocols of social distancing and cleaning.
5.1.4 To respond as far as possible to the owners, suppliers, tenants and clients by phone, email and virtual means.
5.1.5 To ensure that the regular meetings of the Board of Directors, Committees and Assemblies of Owners, where applicable, are held virtually. Failing that, the norm of 50% of the capacity of the place must be applied and people must be at least 1.8 meters apart from each other.
5.1.6 The entry of collaborators (maintenance personnel, domestic employees, educational tutors, etc.) that the condominium owners, residents, tenants or the condominium itself require, as well as those who supply food, medications or other requirements of everyday use.
5.1.7 Regarding elevators, label indicating that only residents of the same subsidiary go on each trip of the elevator to reduce the possibility of contagion between subsidiaries.
5.1.8 Intensify cleaning and hygiene measures, mainly on those surfaces that are frequently touched, such as: handles, reception furniture, lift buttons, door knobs.
5.1.9 Guarantee that administrative, maintenance and security personnel have cleaning and protection supplies such as: soap and water, mask, gloves, alcohol gel, disinfectant, disposable towels, etc.
5.1.10 Placing posters with sneezing and coughing protocols, hand washing, other ways of greeting, not touching their faces and populations at risk in visible spaces. (See annexes)
5.1.11 Guarantee the constant availability of toilet paper, antibacterial soap, disposable towels for hand drying and gel alcohol in the health services, both for public use and for the staff of the condominium, as well as that they are properly disinfected .
5.2 Homeowners, residents, users and tenants must:
5.2.1 Communicate with the administration through the established route, in the event that any person or family member within the condominium presents symptoms associated with respiratory disease.
5.2.2 In the event that any person has a Sanitary Order issued by the Health authority, they must follow the provisions contained in the home isolation guideline.
5.2.3 Make correct and continuous use of handwashing, sneezing and coughing, as well as not touching your face and leaving only in necessary cases as a prevention and containment measure.
5.2.4 Maintain the distancing measures promoted by the Ministry of Health, as well as staying inside their homes and avoiding physical contact.
5.2.5 Keep informed about the national situation through official sources of the Ministry of Health, the Costa Rican Social Security Fund and the National Emergency Commission.
We hope this information to be helpful. Please feel free to reach us should you have any questions or comments.