Businesses Must Update Exception Letters to Circulate
According to the new regulations of the EXECUTIVE DECREE NUMBER 42484-MOPT-S, where the President of the Republic, the Minister of Public Works and Transport, and the Minister of Health, establish that starting on August 1st
According to the new regulations of the EXECUTIVE DECREE NUMBER 42484-MOPT-S, where the President of the Republic, the Minister of Public Works and Transport, and the Minister of Health, establish that starting on August 1st the exception letters that allow for transit during restricted times will be valid only two months after the date of issue and they must be renewed. For example, if the letter was issued on August 1st, it will only be valid until September 30th. You will need to have an updated letter by October 1st.
The labor certificates apply for workers in an employment relationship with an employer, for independent workers, and the people who may hold both roles.
In addition, this verification must be given by presenting the institutional or business card, as well as by means of a certificate issued by the employer.
The exceptions to road traffic established in Article 6, Subsection C, expressly establish that,
“The person of the public or private sector, with working hours that include or that coincide with the respective day and/or time of restriction… is due to income, departure, or need to move during working hours, and is duly accredited. In the case of entering or leaving the working day, the transit may be done in a private vehicle, private motorcycle, or in any of the consigned modalities… any of them duly demonstrated. ”
Article 7 establishes that the certificate must have the following requirements:
- The name of the worker.
- The number of the corresponding identity document. (Identity card, residence card or passport number)
- The working hours of the worker and commute times.
- The domicile of the worker and routes to and from this location.
- The name of the company or institution in which the worker works and the identification of the employer, legal, or physical ID.
- The location of the company or institution in which the person works.
- The exception invoked according to Article 6 of this Executive Decree. (One of these is to be an employee or freelance worker)
- The license plate number of the vehicle in which the worker needs commute.
- The signature of the person in charge of issuing or validating the labor certificate.
- In the event that the worker needs to move with the support of another person, the work certificate must record the data of that second person, be it name, and identity document.
However, it should be noted that the exception letter must be used correctly to demonstrate that you are working or commuting during the transfer period, and thus an exception should be applied either by time zone or by vehicle restriction according to the last digit of your plate number, depending on the hours and the day it is applied.
The exception letters are allowed and valid both in digital and physical formats. You can download the official format of the letter here.