One Step Forward, Two Steps Backward
The opening of cinemas, theaters, museums and shops is postponed on weekends, as well as places of worship and extended hours of beaches. From Saturday the 20th to 10a.m. at Monday 22 at 5a.m. The total
- The opening of cinemas, theaters, museums and shops is postponed on weekends, as well as places of worship and extended hours of beaches.
- From Saturday the 20th to 10a.m. at Monday 22 at 5a.m. The total vehicle restriction will apply for the entire country, under the scheme used at Easter.
- The cantons of Alajuelita and Desamparados are on orange alert due to the increase in cases.
- The national classic between Alajuelense and Saprissa is suspended from Sunday, June 21.
- In the northern zone operation, 80% of companies comply with sanitary requirements and are up-to-date with the obligations that govern them in labor, immigration and phytosanitary matters.
Due to the increase in cases announced today at a press conference, the Government made the decision to tighten the sanitary measures issued by the Ministry of Health to contain the contagion, for which reason the third phase of reopening announced just yesterday is postponed.
This was announced by the Minister of Health, Daniel Salas together with the President of the Costa Rican Social Security Fund (CCSS), Román Macaya, and the president of the National Emergency Commission (CNE), Alexander Solís at a press conference this Friday , at noon.
The Minister of Health indicated that the national final to be held this Sunday, June 21, between Liga Deportiva Alajuelense (LDA) and Saprissa would be suspended until further notice.
Daniel Salas reminded that the activities and establishments enabled today, announced in previous phases, may continue to operate.
On the other hand, Alexander Solís, indicated that the cantons of Alajuelita and Desamparados are added to the orange alert, with differentiated vehicle restrictions (Monday to Sunday from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am) and special regulation of authorized establishments except for the Ministry of Health.
For Saturday June 20 and Sunday June 21, the total vehicle restriction will apply for the entire country, under the scheme used at Easter:
- Vehicular traffic is allowed exclusively for access to: health centers, pharmacies, suppliers, grocery stores and supermarkets by odd and even plates from 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 20 to 5:00 a.m. on Monday, June 22. The following plates do not circulate:
- Saturday: 0, 2, 4, 6 and 8
- Sunday: 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9.
- The list of exceptions such as productive activities and transportation to work centers, public transport and taxis is maintained. The service can be delivered at home.
- People who require to return from hotels, with the respective proof of reservation may transit.
Inter-institutional operation in the northern zone.
In the operation, more than 109 farms and agricultural packing houses have already been visited, of which more than 80% comply with sanitary requirements and are up to date with all the obligations that govern them in labor, immigration and phytosanitary matters.
The cases of non-compliance are distributed as follows: 7 cases are from the root and tuber sector, 7 cases are from the fruit sector and 3 are from other activities.
Coincidentally, the Vice Minister of Agriculture and Livestock, Ana Cristina Quirós Soto, indicated that it has been confirmed that a large number of companies in the sector are complying with sanitary guidelines, as well as the labor, immigration and phytosanitary regulations that govern them. “First of all we want to highlight the high compliance of the agricultural sector in the area; and secondly, the inter-institutional work that different entities have carried out in this process, ”said the hierarch.
“We are very satisfied with the openness of the sector and the willingness to receive public officials to review compliance with sanitary measures, we have seen the compliance of most and others with opportunities for improvement,” added the vice minister.